The library at IHPST specialises in Philosophy and the History of Science.
It is primarily intended for researchers, lecturer-researchers, doctoral students, postdoctoral scholars and other invited members of IHPST.
The library’s holdings principally span the general philosophy of science, the philosophy of physics, mathematics, logic and language, the philosophy of biology and medicine, as well as the history of science and of the philosophy of science.
La bibliothèque ne dispose pas de salle de lecture pour accueillir le public extérieur.
Nevertheless, items which cannot be located in another library in Paris are made available to external users by way of the Cuzin library (Faculty of Philosophy at Paris 1) for onsite consultation only and for a duration of 4 weeks. These library materials are delivered on demand via a shuttle.
→ Contact the Cuzin library directly
- Over 6000 works of which 200 are unique copies in France
- Over 100 periodicals (presently being registered under the SUDOC database)
- The "Maurice Allais" special collection came to the library as a gift from Christine Allais, Mr. Allais’s daughter, and includes his works and hand written reprints (presently being registered under the SUDOC database)
- Borrowing privileges are extended to IHPST members only: lecturers, researchers, doctoral students and postdoctoral scholars (4 books/4 weeks)
- External visitors can consult library materials onsite via the Cuzin library for a period of up to 4 weeks
- Interlibrary loan and photocopies: IHPST [at] univ-paris1.fr
- Bibliographic information: IHPST [at] univ-paris1.fr
- Training in information resources (catalog Paris1, SUDOC, the Paris 1 Domino Portal, BiblioSHS and BiblioVie CNRS web portals)
- Training in self-archiving via the Open Archive HAL and enhancement of IHPST’s collection in other Open Archives (PhilPapers, PubMed, Repec, arxiv, etc.)
13 rue du Four
75006 Paris, France
Phone: 01 43 54 94 60
E-mail: ihpst [at] univ-paris1.fr